Sunday, March 6, 2011

All Day On The Road

Today I was granted my first off-campus visit with my oldest son Dylan. I left my house around 9:15AM and headed out to pick up my grandmother. Prior to leaving my house, I didn’t realize the roads were icy, a fact that I quickly learned after pulling out on to Lansing Road. I took it easy and when I got into Potterville, I stopped at the Golden Arches for a Caramel Mocha for me and a Hot Chocolate for Dale. I got to my grandmother’s house and we headed towards Jonesville to pick up Dylan.

We arrived at 11:00AM and when I entered The Manor, Dylan saw me from behind a door through a window. He immediately starting jumping up and down and reminded me of a little puppy that was anxious to go home with his new owner. When he was allowed through the door he ran into my arms and was so excited. After signing him out and getting his medications for lunch and dinner, we were off towards Applebee’s in Coldwater.

We had a little bit of time to go shopping after we were done eating, so we headed over to the Wal-Mart. After I picked up a coat, since my silly self thought the jacket and down vest would suffice, we headed back out. My grandma, fiancé and I all kept the kids in the dark to our surprise we had in store. We were heading to Olivet to watch Victoria perform in her band concert with the other seventh graders.

The boys finally figured out what was going on as we pulled into the Olivet Middle/High School complex. Dylan was extremely excited to see his big sister play and seems really interested in learning how to play the trombone or percussion. Since I have a meeting tomorrow for an IEP on him, I think I will inquire on the possibility of incorporating some sort of music therapy into his treatment/school plan.

Following the concert, Victoria came over and was so excited to see both boys waiting for her along with her dad, my grandmother and me. She was really surprised since last she knew, Dylan wasn’t allowed off campus. She left with her mom, Mike headed home to get some sleep and my grandmother, the boys and I headed back south.

We stopped into Denny’s near the I-94 and I-69 interchanges for dinner. On our way back to the Manor, we realized we had a little bit of time left so we decided to go explore the neighboring town of Hillsdale. I was surprised to see such beautiful architecture there and I’m hoping to be able to return when the weather is warmer so I can spend some quality time admiring the historical buildings.

We dropped Dylan off nearly right at 6:30PM, which is the time I had guessed on for our return time. On our way home, we stopped in Quincy for some Dairy Queen and then to go shopping at the Dollar General. We ended up heading out and I dropped my grandmother and Dale off. He has school tomorrow and she keeps him pretty much during the school week so I can get my classes, work, appointments, etc. done throughout the week.

I’ve been home for a little over an hour now and finished up some homework for my online Access class and also sent an email out to my Professional Writing professor. Now, I’m unwinding and updating my blog and retiring for the night.

I will be getting up around 6:00AM to start yet another crazy day filled with a lot of travel… I’m sure I’ll post updates tomorrow as well.

Goodnight,
Tiffenator

No comments:

Post a Comment